10 Best Quotes to Give Your Daughter about Kindness
Kindness! It is one trait that we want our children to have, am I right? One of the most important traits that sometimes parents forgetting to teach their children is, kindness.
I understand that in this crazy world, we have to equip our children with as much protection as possible, that is including setting boundaries for the people around them and ensure they only interact with those with the same level as them. But sometimes, this kind of "protection" is a boomerang for their moral values as they will be labeling people around them, and sometimes it is as bad as labeling their friends and acquaintances with social, economic status, or worse, family backgrounds. At this point, I guess kindness will be something that they set aside because they feel they need to overprotect themselves. One question to be asked, do we want our children to grow up this way?
There is also research about this by Patty O’Grady, Ph.D., who is an expert in the area of neuroscience, emotional learning, and positive psychology with special attention to the educational arena. She believes that “kindness changes the brain by the experience of kindness. Children and adolescents do not learn kindness by only thinking about it and talking about it. Kindness is best learned by feeling it so that they can reproduce it. Kindness is an emotion that students feel and empathy is a strength that they share.”
Powerful isn't it?
In this article I won't be explaining how we should raise our children (because obviously, I am not an expert), I just want to share some the interesting quotes that you can share with your kids whenever you have that one-on-one or heart to heart situation where you just want to leave the room and end the conversation with something that will stick to your kid's heart.
Also read: Stop and lookup
10 Best Quotes about Kindness
1. "Let kindness be the language of your heart"
- Alexandra Vasiliu, author of Blooming-
2. "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud"
3. "Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless"
- Mother Teresa-
4. "Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see"
- Mark Twain-
5. "In a world where you can be anything, be kind."
6. "Kindness is like snow-it beautifies everything it covers."
7. "You never know what light you might spark in others. Just through your kindness and your example"
8. "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted"
9. "When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people."
10. "Be good to people for no reason"
Kindness is getting rarer these days, we see more smart people and less kind people. I want to encourage mother like you to teach your kids kindness from their early days, and I can guarantee we will harvest what we grow in the future, and it will be a sweet fruit rather than a rotten one. Do you agree?